- ID Policy
- Weight Room, Fitness Center and General Usage Policies and Guidelines
- Open Gym and Pick Up Basketball Policies
- Racquetball Policies
- Group Fitness Policies
Due to the inherent risk of injury in any physical/vigorous activity, it is the responsibility of each participant to be aware that there are some assumed risks involved in participation in these activities. All participants are strongly urged to receive a physician’s clearance for physical activity, have a yearly medical examination and to carry medical insurance coverage.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Photo Identification must be presented before entering. Those without photo identification will not be permitted to use the facility.
- The following types of photo identification are the only ones that will be accepted for entry:
CURRENT VALID Fresno State student ID
Fresno State Faculty/Staff ID
**Chalk is not permitted in the facility**
- Cardiovascular equipment is to be used by one individual for a maximum of 30 minutes. Please be courteous to others who are waiting to use equipment.
- Closed toe athletic shoes are required. No boots or other hard-soled shoes are allowed.
- Appropriate athletic attire, such as t-shirts, shorts, warm-up suits and work out clothing is required. Jeans and/or street clothes may not be worn.
- A shirt covering the torso must be worn at all times in the Fitness Center, Group Fitness Studios, racquetball courts, on the Track, stretching areas and in the gymnasiums.
- Use provided disinfectant spray and towels to wipe down weight equipment, benches and cardiovascular machines after use.
- Personal belongings such as backpacks, wallets etc may be placed in the cubbies under the Fitness Center stairs, in daily use lockers or may rent lockers in the locker rooms by the semester for your convenience.
- Beverages in plastic resealable containers are allowed. Beverages are not allowed in the free weight area.
- All equipment must be returned to its proper location after use.
- Weight belts that may damage equipment must be removed or covered appropriately.
- Do not drop or throw down dumbbells, plates or barbells.
- All free weight equipment must be kept in the free weight area.
- Do not lean weights or bars of any kind against the wall, pillars, equipment or mirrors.
- Personal Training is not allowed in the facility without SRC approval.
- Profanity, excessively loud or suggestive language will not be tolerated.
- All equipment must remain in the Fitness Center.
- Collars must be used with all bars in the free weight lifting area.
- Spotters are strongly recommended for all weight lifting exercises.
- To avoid congestion and waiting lines, patrons should allow others to work in between sets while using strength training equipment.
- All other requests - verbal or written - by Student Recreation Center staff must be complied with.
Please direct all questions, concerns and maintenance needs to the Student Recreation Center Staff.
The department of Rec Sports & Fitness reserves the right to make changes without notice if necessary. Failure to comply with policies may result in ejection from the facility.
- Non-marking soled shoes are required
- Abusive language and profanity will not be tolerated.
- Shirts covering the torso must be worn at all times.
- Do not kick balls while inside the facility.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and may result in ejection from the facility.
Pick-Up Basketball Rules
- Courts are available on a first come, first served basis. When full court (pick-up) games are in progress, "next on" procedures are in effect.
- Winners will stay on. Next 5 players will challenge the winners. There is a 2 game maximum for winners and must rotate out if 3 or more players are waiting.
- Participants may not grab or hold on to/hang on basketball rims. Dunking is not permitted. These actions will cause damage to the backboards.
During peak usage times, a Court Supervisor will oversee games.
- Court reservations can only be made for 1 hour at a time.
- Protective eyewear is not required, but is recommended. Goggles are available for check out at the front desk.
- A court reservation is lost if you have not arrived within 10 minutes of the reservation time.
To make a reservation, speak to a member of the Student Rec Center staff in person our call us. Reservations are available beginning on the hour or half hour.
- Glass bottles are prohibited at all times.
- Non-marking, athletic, closed toe shoes are to be worn in all areas of the facility at all times, unless otherwise directed by a Group Fitness Instructor.
- Beverage containers must have lids that remain closed when not in use. Open cups are prohibited.
- Please clean up after yourself following classes. Wipe down your mat, check the floor for additional sweat and return equipment to its storage area.
- Please be courteous to other participants. Extreme body odor, too much perfume, hoarding equipment, talking over the instructor, any threatening manner or blocking the view of others is prohibited. Such behavior may result in the loss of Group Fitness privileges.
- If you are early to a class, please fill in the front of the room first. This allows for minimal distraction when other participants come in later.
- Use of the room when there is no class in progress must be pre-approved by the Fitness Manager. You will receive a written approval that must be kept with you while using the room. For additional exercises or stretching, please use the designated areas on the fitness floor.
- Please bring a towel and water to each Group Fitness class you attend. Make sure these are off to the side and out of the way, but close enough to be accessible to you during the class.